WORDS: Before tablets, there were trees. Before smartphones, there were streams. Before laptops, there were lakes. Before personal computers, there were precipitous cliffs.
The sun is the battery of earth.
Try something new today. Or tomorrow. Or every day, for a little while.
Unplug. Disconnect. Ignore the constant chatter. Forget about what others are doing and saying.
Listen to the gurgle of a mountain stream, the rush of a river, or the continuous crash of waves upon the beach. Soak up the sunshine, or sit in the shade of a tree. Walk barefoot, and feel the dirt, sand or stone under your feet. Smell the wildflowers. Dip in an alpine lake, and let the cool, clean water wash over you. Bask in the moonlight or gaze at the stars. Let the wind caress your skin.
These things were here before Facebook and Instagram, and they will be here after Twitter and Snapchat.
These photos were taken in Rawah Wilderness, Colorado. No matter where you are, find the natural beauty around you and rejoice in its glory.
SONGS: ♫ on Spotify
- Green Mountain State – Trevor Hall
- Tus Pies (Your Feet) – Nahko and Medicine for the People
- Ón Taobh Tuathail Amach – Kíla
- Better People – Xavier Rudd
- 3rd Eye Vision – Mishka
- Irie Insulation – Inna Vision
- Can’t Take It With You When You Go – Mike Love
- Shangri-La – Wookiefoot
- Right Now – Satsang
- Money – Tubby Love, Paul Izak, Anna Surento
- Moving On Up – Tubby Love, Paul Izak, Anna Surento
- 75 and Sunny – Ryan Montbleau Band
- Tower – Cabinet
- 40 Miles From Denver – Yonder Mountain String Band
- Follow The Sun – Xavier Rudd
- Unpack Your Memories – Trevor Hall